This October we celebrate Domestic abuse awareness, health literacy month, Breast Cancer Awareness, and it’s time for the annual mammograms for women over 50 years of age … pink ribbon 🎀 to commemorate and a beautiful Bougainvillea tree this year as a reminder!
- Latest research regarding cognitive decline for women who experience inflammation, are older and recover from breast cancer here https://neurosciencenews.com/crp-cognition-inflammation-cancer-21570/.
- Remember to check for any odd lumps as there is a recommended way to do self-checks – Mayo Clinic
And if we can think that we are checking for lumps the size of a pea (not a nut!) for primary prevention this is most important.
Jennifer Garner, American actress recently shared the importance of mammograms check out Hello Magazine article and video.
Our friends the squirrels 🐿 look for 🌰 nuts, they are celebrating their own October month too … (Squirrels US National Awareness month) important for our globe’s ecology.
At the recent Europe in Discourse III Conference held in Athens, we presented on some very important health communication issues part of a global health literacy panel including:
- Oral health and interrelated global health issues (Kritikos)
- After school language program curriculum building for awareness of smoking as prevention (Dimitsanti)
- Refugee crisis and health literacy (Ioannidi)
- Violence against women and “femicide” (Argyriou, Kondilis)
- 😓given the event in Iran 🇮🇷 about the death by “moral police” violence of Masha Amini, this was timely
- Graffiti in times of recent economic and covid crisis in EU (Kondilis & Kountouris)